Praise for MGM
So I posted a few weeks ago about the Midtown Global Market and how great it is. This week, Citypages food writer Dara Moskowitz echoed our sentiments:
You know how sometimes you fall in love so hard and so fast you don't trust it at all, so you call all your friends and ask, "Am I crazy, or is it really love?" Well, that's how it's been around here for the past several weeks, as I fall deeper and deeper under the spell of the new Midtown Global Market, the indoor, city-block-covering, 50-plus-vendor market that fills the ground floor of the old Sears headquarters on Lake Street.She gives a little mini-review to each of the main eateries. For La Sirena Gorda, our favorite place, she writes:
I could write a whole review of La Sirena Gorda. If you like Mexican seafood, be absolutely sure to try this place. In short, though, please know that the cheerful, blue-tile-bedecked stand is owned by one of the founders of downtown Minneapolis fine-dining and dance hotspot Babalu, and at La Sirena Gorda they cook fine-dining, restaurant-quality food.Anyway, we got a small kick out of beating Minneapolis's best food writer to the punch, even though, um, we have about 4 readers, none of whom leave in Minneapolis :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home