Sunday, August 06, 2006

Adriana at the Airport

So Berna was in Santa Monica this past Wednesday through Saturday, finding us an apartment. She was successful, and now the move seems that much more "real." I was telling my mom about the new place on Saturday, and she joked that in L.A. we would be bumping into celebrities all the time. Then that night I headed down to the airport to pick up Berna. I'm waiting at baggage claim at the airport when I notice that a few benches over from me is Drea de Matteo, the actress who plays Adriana on "The Sopranos" and Joey's sister Gina on "Joey." She was with a small entourage of 4 or 5 guys, at least two of which seemed like bodyguards (they were standing and looking kinda watchful). But pretty much she was just sitting there waiting for baggage, at 10:30 on a Saturday night. Weird.

Update: I told this story to my landlord, and he told me that when he was 10 years old he met Tim Reed (Venus Flytrap from "WKRP in Cincinnati") at an airport. That tops my story big time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home