Rocking Out at the Hexagon Bar
So B and I had quite a July 4th 4-day weekend. Saturday night we went to the Hexagon Bar, around the corner from Memory Lanes. Why would we return to the place that I described just 3 posts ago as a "scary dive bar"? Two words: surf guitar. Saturday afternoon we read this on Citypages:

Unfortunately both B and I had about 3 too many beers, which put crimp on our Sunday. The beer was just going down too easy!
We may be living through what Midwest fashion historians will someday call The Summer of the Hawaiian Shirt. Seems like every middle-aged dude in town (including me) is getting in touch with his inner Jack Lord, Don Ho, and/or Jimmy Buffett. A sacred fellowship, to be sure, and tonight the palm-tree-draped boys and the women who tolerate them will take to the dance floor, as the Awkwards, Baron Von Ottomatic, Big Surf, and DJ Jean of KFAI's Radio Rumpus Roompreside over Tiki drink specials, contests, and random cowabungaing. 21+. Free. 9:00 p.m.It was very cool, and I even purchased a T-shirt, since I could not resist the tagline, "Surf Music from the Inland":

Unfortunately both B and I had about 3 too many beers, which put crimp on our Sunday. The beer was just going down too easy!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home