Field Mice
OK, I know that cats sometimes kill mice or small birds and leave them on your doorstep. Cats that we had growing up did this, and Mojo left us a small mouse back in the fall, to our knowledge his first and only non-bug kill.
On Friday (before we went to Memory Lanes) I tried to get some photos of Mojo sunning himself on the sidewalk. But he was very preoccupied with something in the grass.
.jpg)
I assumed it was a bug. It wasn't. It was very small mouse, so small that it was effectively hidden by the not-that-tall grass. This was right in our front lawn.
Growing up in Willow Grove, PA, I played around in the grass just as much as any kid, but I have never seen a freakin' mouse just walking through it. I should've gotten a picture, but I was busy holding Mojo back, and the mouse was really was hard to see underneath the grass.
Mother Nature's just more hopped up out here. I should take a picture of the backyard just after our landlord's mowed the grass and trimmed back all the trees and bushes, then take another picture 2 weeks later. Everything just grows like mad. I think I've mentioned before that we've got a ton of bunnies in our neighborhood. You can't walk a block without seeing 2 or 3. I googled "do rabbits eat mice?" and the answer is that some species do. Next thing you know we'll have foxes moving into the neighborhood. Crazy.
On Friday (before we went to Memory Lanes) I tried to get some photos of Mojo sunning himself on the sidewalk. But he was very preoccupied with something in the grass.
.jpg)
I assumed it was a bug. It wasn't. It was very small mouse, so small that it was effectively hidden by the not-that-tall grass. This was right in our front lawn.
Growing up in Willow Grove, PA, I played around in the grass just as much as any kid, but I have never seen a freakin' mouse just walking through it. I should've gotten a picture, but I was busy holding Mojo back, and the mouse was really was hard to see underneath the grass.
Mother Nature's just more hopped up out here. I should take a picture of the backyard just after our landlord's mowed the grass and trimmed back all the trees and bushes, then take another picture 2 weeks later. Everything just grows like mad. I think I've mentioned before that we've got a ton of bunnies in our neighborhood. You can't walk a block without seeing 2 or 3. I googled "do rabbits eat mice?" and the answer is that some species do. Next thing you know we'll have foxes moving into the neighborhood. Crazy.

2 Comments:
Maury gets stuff all the time anymore! Makes you wonder where they are coming from! Maybe we are starting to get field mice as well? I like the pic of Mojo getting ready to pounce!!
If it was that small it might have been a shrew or a vole.
Post a Comment
<< Home