THE BIG NEWS
B has been offered a very good job in Los Angeles, and we will be moving at the end of August. B's heading out there to find us a place to live in early August. Our last day at our jobs will be August 25th, then we'll pack up everything we own and hit the road.
If this big huge news is coming as a shock to you, we're sorry -- we've tried to tell most of our friends and family, but with people scattered everywhere, it can be hard. That's one reason this blog is here, to keep in touch with people we don't talk to enough in person or on the phone. If you'd like more details on B's job, etc., give us a call!
We have slightly mixed feelings about this move. On the one hand, moving back to California is a dream come true for us. We didn't realize just how much we loved the ocean, the sun, the palm trees, and California's unique culture until we left San Diego back in August 2000.
On the other hand, we are sad to be leaving Minnefabulous. Neither of us are happy to be leaving our current jobs after only one year, but more than that, we really have enjoyed exploring this wonderful city. We can honestly say that we could live in Minneapolis for the rest of our lives and be very happy. In a perfect world, we would've at least liked to have had one more year here.
Well, we've still got a solid 6 weeks here, and I've got several more posts planned. However, August will be very crazy for us: We've got a wedding to attend in Montreal, B's going to L.A. to find us an apartment, B and I both have work-related conferences to travel to, and we need to pack up everything we own. [shudders thinking about it all]
Once we are actually in L.A., we plan to start a new blog. We haven't decided on a title for it yet, but I think it might *not* be "The Torr Guide to Los Angeles." As much as I've enjoyed "reporting" on our explorations of Minnefabulous, I think the real value of this blog has been how it's helped us keep in touch with faraway friends and family. So the next blog might be less about the city we're in and more about us. I'll keep you posted.
If this big huge news is coming as a shock to you, we're sorry -- we've tried to tell most of our friends and family, but with people scattered everywhere, it can be hard. That's one reason this blog is here, to keep in touch with people we don't talk to enough in person or on the phone. If you'd like more details on B's job, etc., give us a call!
We have slightly mixed feelings about this move. On the one hand, moving back to California is a dream come true for us. We didn't realize just how much we loved the ocean, the sun, the palm trees, and California's unique culture until we left San Diego back in August 2000.
On the other hand, we are sad to be leaving Minnefabulous. Neither of us are happy to be leaving our current jobs after only one year, but more than that, we really have enjoyed exploring this wonderful city. We can honestly say that we could live in Minneapolis for the rest of our lives and be very happy. In a perfect world, we would've at least liked to have had one more year here.
Well, we've still got a solid 6 weeks here, and I've got several more posts planned. However, August will be very crazy for us: We've got a wedding to attend in Montreal, B's going to L.A. to find us an apartment, B and I both have work-related conferences to travel to, and we need to pack up everything we own. [shudders thinking about it all]
Once we are actually in L.A., we plan to start a new blog. We haven't decided on a title for it yet, but I think it might *not* be "The Torr Guide to Los Angeles." As much as I've enjoyed "reporting" on our explorations of Minnefabulous, I think the real value of this blog has been how it's helped us keep in touch with faraway friends and family. So the next blog might be less about the city we're in and more about us. I'll keep you posted.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home