Flickr Minneapolis Group
So I just discovered Flickr. It is a site where you can upload photos, to store them and order prints, like Ofoto or Shutterfly, both of which B and I have used in the past. But Flickr offers a *lot* more. Mainly it features many ways to more easily organize and share your photos, which I love because I find that keeping all my digital photos organized can be really difficult. B and I would get back from a wedding or a trip or something and I'd feel a slight dread at the prospect of having to sit down, transfer the photos from the camera to the computer, rename them, crop, resize, touch up, etc., then upload them to whatever site, then send an e-mail to folks telling them they're uploaded, etc. Well, I guess there's still no getting around the need to transfer and touch up the photos, but Flickr has certain features that make renaming the files less imporant and sharing very easy. I don't mean to get into a full review here so I'll just say that it is some great software. If you check it out (basic accounts are free) and want to add us a contact, our username is "Berna and JD," or you can search for "James Torr" or go here.
You don't even need to creat an account to access one of Flickr's funnest features, groups. When you upload a photo to Flickr, you tell it whether you want the photo to be public, so that anyone can see it, or private, so that only your friends and/or family can see it. People of similar interests can join groups, where they share their public photos of certain subjects. But you don't have to have a Flickr account to see the public photos. So, getting to the point, there is a group devoted to pictures of Minneapolis, and they've got nearly 700 photos of this fine city. So check it out!
I'm still uploading most of our pics, and setting most of them so that only friends and family can see them, but just for fun I made some photos of our cat Mojo public. I know, I know, I am a big cheeseball. Most of these were taken in Providence, so I'll have to add some Mojo-in-Minneapolis pics :-)
You don't even need to creat an account to access one of Flickr's funnest features, groups. When you upload a photo to Flickr, you tell it whether you want the photo to be public, so that anyone can see it, or private, so that only your friends and/or family can see it. People of similar interests can join groups, where they share their public photos of certain subjects. But you don't have to have a Flickr account to see the public photos. So, getting to the point, there is a group devoted to pictures of Minneapolis, and they've got nearly 700 photos of this fine city. So check it out!
I'm still uploading most of our pics, and setting most of them so that only friends and family can see them, but just for fun I made some photos of our cat Mojo public. I know, I know, I am a big cheeseball. Most of these were taken in Providence, so I'll have to add some Mojo-in-Minneapolis pics :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home