Monday, August 15, 2005

Bloglines

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to assure you that we still plan on being very active with this blog -- we've just hit kind of a busy period. B was out of town and I had a crazy big work project that kept me working this past weekend. I meant to get out and take some pictures of the Mississsippi River, but it didn't happen. Then next weekend I am out of town, in Indianapolis for a convention with work.

But the weekend I'm gone, and the weekend after, B's mom is in town, so we definitely plan on seeing some sights. And after that is Labor Day when we will revisit the Canterbury. So we should have some interesting stuff soon.

Anyway, I encourage everyone to set up an account at www.bloglines.com, which lets you subscribe to blogs, totally free. You can log into Bloglines, and if there are new messages on this blog (or any other that you subscribe to) that you've missed, Bloglines wil tell you. You can also download a Bloglines notifier that will, um, notify you when there's a new post here. Kinda beats going to the actual website every now and then and being disappointed there's nothing new, or on the other hand not visitng the website for a long time and then missing a bunch of posts. I myself have subscribed to more than 100 blogs via Bloglines, although it is hard to keep up with all of them!

Anyway, please stay tuned, we'll be blogging again soon.

Update: As Brian mentionsin the comments, you can also subscribe to blogs in other ways, such as via a personalized Google or Yahoo home page.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mostly Torn said...

Hi James,

Another way to monitor your blog is via the Google personalized front page. It lets you aggregate all sorts of news sources and blogs and such. It's sorta like making a custom newpaper front page. So now, whenever I fire up my web browser, I immediately see (right below the BBC news section) if there's any new news in the Torr universe. Granted, it wouldn't be practical to monitor 100 blogs this way, but it is convenient if you are only monitor a few along with regular news sites.

10:11 PM  
Blogger James said...

Good point, Brian. You can do something similar with a My Yahoo personalized front page.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home